Forum

TS-940S Dead Receiver  

RSS
w9fe
 w9fe
(@w9fe)

I have a 940S that when powered on, the S meter pins sharply to the left and the receiver does not come on.  VFO display and sub display is fine.  S meter does not unpin when selecting any of the meter functions.

Not sure if this is a related issue or not but a couple of weeks prior to this happening, I began to notice that when the unit was first powered up, the receive audio was warbly for the first several minutes and then would then suddenly act normal. 

Right now the radio is useless and not sure if it's worth fixing.

Posted : 23/03/2019 3:13 pm
w9fe
 w9fe
(@w9fe)

After a couple of hours of checking out pin connector voltages on the AVR board and also on the DC-DC board, I stumbled across an intermittent connection on terminal connector 3 on the DC-DC board.  On closer inspection, I found a cold solder joint on this terminal and resoldered it.  The rig receive came back to life and all meter functions returned once it was resoldered.    This has been one of several cold solder joints that I've found in this rig over the last several months when it begins to act up.  I'm sure there will eventually be more over time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 6:58 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register